Storm Safety Tips
No one likes a rainy day, SERVPRO included. But they do happen, and when a storm strikes both you and your home are at risk. Sudden downpour, power outages, and downed wires are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to an emergency. The key is to focus on what you can control in times of chaos.
Taking it back to an elementary level (literally) we here at SERVPRO recommend sharing these safety tips with your family, and even reviewing them for yourself!
Follow these 10 Rules from Alliant Energy Kids to stay in control and stay safe:
- Have a storm safety Kit Handy
- Stay Inside During thunderstorms and Blizzards
- Use flashlights instead of candles
- Don’t open the refrigerator or freezer unless you absolutely need to
- If your power goes out, have an adult notify the power company right away
- Don’t try to use a gas appliance to keep warm
- Ask an adult to unplug as many as many appliances as possible
- Don’t play near generators or heaters
- Stay away from damaged or downed lines
- Remind adults to watch out for power lines when they’re cleaning up outside
For the full article visit: http://www.alliantenergykids.com/PlayingItSafe/StormSafety/000562